Royal Ballet Flanders, under the artistic directorship of Mr Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui and co-director Mr Tamas Moricz, is looking for experienced male and female dancers for the 2017-2018 season.
We are searching for versatile, open minded dancers who are excited to join an evolving environment under the aegis of Mr Cherkaoui and Mr Moricz. The company profile requires well formed dancers with a high level of artistry in both classical and contemporary repertoire.
Where? The audition, by invitation only, will be held at Ballet Vlaanderen’s studios, Theater ‘t Eilandje, Kattendijkdok-Westkaai 16, 2000 Antwerp in Belgium
When? Saturday 18 February. with recalls on Sunday 19 February 2017.
Age and height requirements are:
- age 18-35
- female dancers: height min. 163 cm
- male dancers: height min. 170 cm
Please read our requirements carefully and send in all the requested material well in advance easily accessible to us.
We request all of the following:
- your complete CV;
- a short bio (3-10 sentences);
- a short letter of motivation, to explain your desire to work with our company in particular (3-10 sentences);
- 3 pictures: a portrait, a full body frontal photo and an arabesque (please wear only body contouring, monochrome dance wear, allowing the shape and lines of your body to be clearly visible);
- video links of a classical variation (on pointe for the women) as well as a contemporary variation (possibly also partnering).
Deadline for Applications: For pre-selection and registration please send in all the requested material no later than 31 January 2017 to: email@example.com.
Selected candidates will be contacted personally and invited for the audition.
Please be mindful that we are unable to respond to requests that do not fulfil all of the above criteria or lack any of the requested material and information. We respond to and review only complete applications, including the video-links, only on YouTube or Vimeo (without a password, open privacy settings), not downloadable files.
Visit website to learn more about the ballet: https://operaballet.be/en
Photo by ©Filip Van Roe